Friday, March 9, 2012

Above the Timberline



As I was driving into work today, this song came on my ipod, which is perpetually on *shuffle all* (I mean, I want an awesome variety of songs!  It gets me pumped up for work)
But I digress

This is one of the few songs that I want to play over and over.

Here are a few Lyrics

I get a little tiredLooking through the treesSitting on the 405Hoping for a breeze

Everybody's gunningYou got something to seeI gotta sell this ticketGet the shadow off of me

So what is your problemYou been moping aroundYou need to find a mountaintopAnd get out of this town

She says sometimesYou gotta get awayClear out that nogginOpen up the day

Above the timberlineThe higher I go, the harder I climbI'm closer to youIt's clear in my mindLove shines bright above the timberline


That is how I feel driving in Cincinnati traffic, Trying to get to work in the pre-dawn hours, and trying to get

 home after the sun goes down.

When I go back to my parents house (they live in the mountains), it really does clear out my noggin, it can

 relax and do the heart good.  The mountains are probably my favorite place in the whole world.

The sounds, or lack-there-of, the view, the people, everything about them!
How awesome is that?



And in fall?
Simply glorious

I just love it!  Even just these two pictures have made my day!

I could go on and on and on about the mountains.  About how they host so many amazing creatures, about how there are places in them that very few people have ever been, they are self-sustaining. Did I mention the creatures?

I have to admit: When I think about woodland creature, this is what typically pops into my head


But In reality, it is more like this
Especially if this is your yard, or garden (even if you have dogs)(They are probably just a bunch a babies and will only bark at them)

Especially if this is your quest

Especially if this is your porch
Especially if this is your dog (which if you can imagine this dog is a German shepherd and is saying: Hey! Doyouwanttobemyfriend? Pleasebemyfriend! Iwanttobeyourfriend! Doyouwanttoplaywithme? Pleaseplaywithme! Iwanttoplaywithyou! [I'm going to go out on a limb and say, that's what he's saying] that is pretty much how it went down)

Ok, maybe not like this, 

but probably more like this:
Especially if this is your driveway



And last...but MOST certainly not least
ESPECIALLY IF THIS IS YOUR PLAYGROUND! 
(that movie was scary!)(of course, my parents MADE me watch it when I was like 8) (thanks guys)


Ok, got a little off course, but no worries.

Mountains.
Umm.

So, yea,  I love them.

I definitely didn't plan for this post to be this long, merely an ode to the majestic mountains.


PS:  IDK why it decided to start providing a text highlight halfway through, and then stop.  

No comments:

Post a Comment