Friday, March 23, 2012

Resolution

Hi,  I'm Kate, and I'm addicted to books.
My addiction has effected me negatively in the following ways:
1. I have too many books
2.  See #1.

In an effort to modify that situation, my new years resolution was: 
I have to read at least 3 books off of my: books to read pile to every 1 that I re-read.  

The bad part is: 
 I have easily 15 in my To-Read pile...and I have no time to read.  

The Worst Part:
I haven't even finished one book. <<Insert Sad face emoticon here.>> (I did :-(  But it didn't seem to capture the emotion)

The reason that this has become an issue is because The Hunger Games has been released, and I want SO badly to re-read it.  I mean it is almost KILLING me!  

Ok, not literally, but figuratively, emotionallyecumenically.  Ok, not the last one either (can you name that movie?)   

I am currently reading:
Warrior Woman by James Alexander Thom (he also wrote Follow the River: Ach The Riffer! anyone?)
The Heretic Queen by Michelle Moran

I'm almost through the first, and it is really good, just really wordy. It is about a Shawnee Indian Chief, who is trying to keep the peace between the American Settler, and the Native Americans in the Ohio River Valley.

The Second one I just started at work yesterday, and it is about the niece of Nefertiti, the ancient Egyptian queen.  It's good, and easy to read during my lunch break. 

But even once I finish that:

I STILL HAVE TO READ ONE MORE!

AND IF I WANT TO READ THE WHOLE HUNGER GAMES SERIES....

I HAVE TO READ 6 MORE AFTER THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

However, that would just about knock a medium sized chunk out of my To Read Pile.

That is my dilemma.

But I will persevere through the 80000000 books in order to read The Hunger Games again.

No comments:

Post a Comment