Thursday, October 20, 2011

Our New Day Job

The Barrick Household has been very ambitious as of late. 

First we changed the oil in both of our cars,  And we thought we were hot stuff after that.

The second thing we did needs a little set up:

We are moving, and I was trying to vacuum our old place, but all of a sudden the vacuum started making a loud rattling noise, well we had places to go, so I took note of what kind of screws the vacuum had, and made a mental reminder to bring a screwdriver over the next time we came. 

We were finishing up some things, and I told Matt:  I am going to fix the vacuum. 
He LOLd and sat down to help me.
12 screws later, he said: You can tinker with that for another 20 minutes, then I'll buy you a new vacuum. I'm going to load the car.
Well I finally got all 24 screws out and man handled it apart. 

And then...

I found out why it was making a funny noise...

There was a clog of about 5 inches of carpet powder, animal hair, and my hair (gag)...and a piece of cardboard (wtf?).

Once I get it all cleaned off, I start to put it back together...or rather I turn into the hulk and manhandle it back together.

Then the moment of truth....IT WORKS!!!!!  And it's actually sucking up stuff, instead of spitting it back out.

Because of all of this new found ambition, Matt and I decided that we would open our own business:

Matt & Kate Fix Most Things Pretty Well.
So as not to set expectations too high


No comments:

Post a Comment