Saturday, May 28, 2011

Oh, Irony, So bitter-sweet

I have a Mac.  After updating, to the new operating system, I have been having problems with wireless connectivity.  So I make the trek to the Apple Store, who said I need a new wireless card, and that sometimes happens.  So I asked if they could install it today, lo and behold. They had to order it. 

So Riddle me this...It happens frequently, but you don't carry them in store. hmm

But I digress.  So I trekked home, and a few days later they called me in the AM and said that the wireless card was there.  I asked if they could pop it in while I waited, and they said:  No, we usually do it overnight, so it would probably be ready the next day.  So I asked:  Probably ready? or for sure ready?  they said for sure, and that I would get an email and phone call when it was ready to be picked up.

So I trekked, for the third time the 40 minutes it takes us to get to the Apple Store, with gas at $3.95/gallon, mind you, and dropped it off.

They were true to their word, and it was ready to be picked up this morning.  So my wonderful husband-to-be made our 4th, but not yet final, trek to The Apple Store.

He makes his way home,  probably assuming, if not told, that the employees had tested it (which common sense would dictate) to make sure that all was in order.

He gets home, only to find out that the wireless isn't working at all.  Grrr.  So I make my up-teenth phone call, to the ever so unhelpful people at Apple and they inform me that they can't do anything over the phone.  Duh.  And that I can make another appointment to try to fix it.  I asked what they were going to do if they couldn't fix it, and she acted like she had never been asked that question before, as she responded with:  ...ummm...I don't know...but that is something you are welcome to ask when you go to your appointment.

Oh, Believe me, I will.

So now, I get to trek back for the 5th time on Monday before we head to a Memorial Day BBQ.  Just what I want to do...

So, luckily Matt has an extra PC lying around, that I am using in the meantime.  A Windows PC, none the less...How Ironic.

I switched to a Macbook after I had so many issues with Windows, and now I am relying on Windows (and my smart phone) while my Mac is being retarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment