Monday, May 16, 2011

So the start of a new week brings a new blog:

My orientee said something funny to me today, and it made me realize that she has a TON of confidence! and that is one thing I admire about her: 
In response to an old patient coming to visit:  I'm going to be really sad when he forgets us. 
I made a comment like: really?
She replied: " OF COURSE!!!! LOOK HOW FABULOUS I AM!!!" 
LOL. She is such a goober. And she makes work incredibly enjoyable! ;-)  There you go KDKeeler.blogspot.com 

I always try to set goals at the beginning of the week, divided into: Things that I need to accomplish, Things I would like to accomplish, and Things that need to be accomplished in the not too distant future.  Unfortunately the first list is always longer than is humanly possible to finish, or so it seems.

I'm getting married in 89 days to my best friend and soul mate! And I am so excited!
But, good grief, there is still a metric F ton of things left to do!  The biggest problem I've run into in recent days is that apparantly EVERY baker in Florence, South Carolina and the surrounding PeeDee is booked solid for the weekend of my wedding.  Is there a dire of a need for cake that weekend in August? Apparantly there is, and I was, as of late, unaware of it.

~ ~ ~ ~

Can I just say:  WILL IT PLEASE STOP RAINING?!?!?!
As I browsed MSNBC.com I learned that we have gotten well over 300% of the rain that we have been supposed to get.  That means for every 100 inches we are supposed to get, we get another 300 inches on top of that.  No wonder the Mississippi River is higher than it has been in over 85 years.

I hate to think of those 50,000 people in Cajun Country, LA displaced because we are trying to save New Orleans...again.  Now I know that there are many oil refineries located between Baton Rouge and New Orleans, and that is what the opening of the levee system is trying to save. However, to all of the archetects around the world:  News flash:  water levels and foundation stability are dependant upon mother nature. Don't build important shit on the edge of an ocean or near a fault line, unless you have SEVERAL good back up plans, in case of emergency. And pumping sea water into and out of nuclear reactors, and flooding out 50,000 hard working Americans is not a back up plan. It's an "Oh Crap" plan, and it sucks.

But I digress:
The rain sucks.  And it's time for all of the shower to bring on the flowers!

~ ~ ~

Pick Up Penitence: Noun:  the immediate regret of the earlier decision to volunteer to work extra shifts.
I thought I would pick up some extra shifts at work, and it made it so I will be at work 5 out of 6 days.  That, my friends, is what I call pick up penitence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment